Teeth Whitening in Marina del Rey
For teeth whitening in Marina del Rey, Elegant Dentistry is your best choice on the Westside. Everybody loves a bright, healthy smile. However, most of us also love staining foods and beverages like coffee, tea, wine, and chocolate – all of which can rob a smile of its luster, even when we practice outstanding dental hygiene. Fortunately, Elegant Dentistry offers a variety of very safe and effective options that really can help to revive a smile.
Our most popular options include:
- Custom whitening trays
- 45-minute in-office teeth whitening
- Cosmetic crowns and veneers
Each option is ideal for certain situations. Here’s how they work:
- Custom Whitening Trays. Whitening trays are prepared in two steps. First, we take a custom mold of the patient’s mouth. Then we make the custom trays ourselves in-office and the patient returns two business days later for the trays, which include a syringe of whitening gel. The patient then takes them home to use according to our personalized instructions.
- In-Office Teeth Whitening. In-Office Teeth whitening treatments involve two 20-minute sessions, both of which are completed during the same visit. The first stage of treatment requires that the patient’s teeth are polished with pumice to remove any surface plaque that might interfere with the whitening process. A gingival barrier is then applied to protect the soft tissues in a patient’s mouth from our special whitening gel, which is applied after the patient has been properly prepared. This is repeated once more before the procedure is completed, at which point the patient can view a before-and-after comparison.
- Crowns and Veneers.When teeth are more seriously discolored or suffer from additional vulnerabilities, crowns and veneers may be used. A crown completely covers the affected tooth. Crowns can be placed on any type of tooth (front or back). A veneer is used for the patient’s front teeth and only covers the outward-facing portion of the tooth. Crowns and dental veneers may also be used to reliably protect vulnerable teeth from further damage or decay.*
Choosing a Procedure
Each of these procedures can produce outstanding results but the only way to find out which is right for you is to come to our offices and visit our dentist for a consultation.
For more information about teeth whitening and other types of cosmetic dentistry, please use our contact form or call the number on your screen.
* “An up to 50-year follow-up of crown and veneer survival in a dental practice,” Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry. Ryan C. Olley, Manoharan Andiappan, and Peter M. Frost. June 2018.